What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ingredient Database for Associated Hazards

Started by , Aug 14 2017 09:20 PM
5 Replies

hello all,

I am looking to see if there is an ingredient database for associated hazards out there. 

Example:  Flour

B: Salmonella

C: Wheat (allergen)

P:  insect fragments. 

it would be so helpful if there was an ingredient database out there so that I can develop my hazard analysis without researching each ingredient.  Working to develop this for FSMA.

Thanks

Your Friend Marvis

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Non-food grade ingredient What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? How to control salt water brine as an ingredient? Product cooling (RTE) in an ingredient storage area
[Ad]

FDA Provided a list of food categories and process hazards they want to see addressed in food safety plans.

https://www.fda.gov/...A/UCM517396.pdf

1 Like1 Thank

The CFIA also maintains a reference database online that may be helpful. 

http://active.inspec...introe.aspx?i=1

1 Like1 Thank

Don't know what your budget is, but I'm looking into HorizonScan myself. It's easy to use, searchable, global, and updated daily. Downside is the cost.

www.globalhorizonscan.com

I have used the attach document to assist with my hazard analysis.  It is from Canada but very helpful for a lot of ingredients.

Attached Files

1 Like2 Thanks

There is also the Food Fraud Database where you can search by ingredient and find hazards. Though the hazards are specific to economically motivated adulteration. 

www.foodfraud.org 

Similar Discussion Topics
Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Non-food grade ingredient What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? How to control salt water brine as an ingredient? Product cooling (RTE) in an ingredient storage area Transportation of a frozen ingredient Form of ingredient to include on labels Customer will not provide their ingredient recipe Water in Ingredient Listing Why are bugs that come in a received ingredient a spec issue and not a food safety issue?