What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Version 8 Lab Proficiency Testing

Started by , Aug 16 2017 04:11 PM
2 Replies

We have a small screening lab where we do aW, butterfat, moisture, and pH as well as bacteria screening/presumptive testing. Does anybody have advice on how I should go about meeting the new Version 8 requirement of annual proficiency testing?

I do most of the testing myself and there is currently nothing for me to validate with except that I follow a written standard (Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, 17th ed.). Would it suffice to see if my outside lab would be willing to conduct an evaluation?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
AIB Checklist Lastest Version Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System
[Ad]

Hi Laura,

You should use a recognised scheme for proficiency testing of food/water etc. for example:

Kind regards,

Tony

We have a small screening lab where we do aW, butterfat, moisture, and pH as well as bacteria screening/presumptive testing. Does anybody have advice on how I should go about meeting the new Version 8 requirement of annual proficiency testing?

I do most of the testing myself and there is currently nothing for me to validate with except that I follow a written standard (Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, 17th ed.). Would it suffice to see if my outside lab would be willing to conduct an evaluation?

I did had the same questions few months back. Below is the forum link where i got a lot of realistic ideas on how to do proficiency testing. The standard didn't specifically say third party proficiency testing, so the ideas that was mentioned by people who answered by queries were really helpful.

http://www.ifsqn.com...ciency-testing/

Similar Discussion Topics
AIB Checklist Lastest Version Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Are there any new clauses in BRCGS packaging version 6 FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System Implementing an FSSC 22000 Version 6 Compliant Food Safety and Quality Management System FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6 IFS Food version 8 internal audit Audit checklist IFS Food Version 8 What are the changes in FSSC 22000 new version 6.0?