What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone know of a free food fraud database?

Started by , Aug 17 2017 05:50 PM
11 Replies

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a free food fraud database?  Everything I am finding cost a bunch of money or is only available for trial.   We are in the process of developing our FSMA program.

Thanks in advance.

Marvis Brown

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

I use the service below for updates on food fraud on a site called Trello- no cost 

https://trello.com/b...isk-information

3 Thanks

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a free food fraud database?  Everything I am finding cost a bunch of money or is only available for trial.   We are in the process of developing our FSMA program.

Thanks in advance.

Marvis Brown

Hi Marvis,

You need to do a little searching. There is an array of similar threads to yours.

I haven't evaluated the previous Post but previous threads (mainly for BRC) have concluded that a "genuine" comprehensive answer to yr query is "none exist" (for free).

USP used to be free and did/does(?) offer a free trial.

1 Thank

I used the USP free trial and it was great!  The database is quite comprehensive.  They still offer a free trial, I think it is 2 weeks.  They have reduced their pricing as well since I think they have come to realize people don't want to pay as much as they are asking.

Hi Marvin , did you find any free food fraud database?

can this be of any use?

https://webgate.ec.e...m&cleanSearch=1

I did my vulnerability assessment with this database

and we are still checking it for new alerts

1 Thank

can this be of any use?

https://webgate.ec.e...m&cleanSearch=1

I did my vulnerability assessment with this database

and we are still checking it for new alerts

Indeed, RASFF has been frequently noted here as a possibility.

But it's only a "European" import alert system isn't it ? (I have never tested it myself).

This page might be of some use.

Marshall

1 Thank

This page might be of some use.

Marshall

Yes, I also thought of interest. But IIRC (didn't try it) the hook is if you wish to go for more depth ?

As I understand the luxury USP offer a direct sub-categorisation from EMA > FS relevant. Should appeal to (rich) SQF users.

Again, IIRC, another non-free site offers modes tailored to BRC and SQF respectively.

It's oprp all over again.

We're up to version FSSC 4.1 and we can't find any template/ a tool or anything we can use for the food fraud assessment.

We have a database for food defense though. If someone here who has a tool, pls share. We need it badly. Surveillance is scheduled already on September.

We're up to version FSSC 4.1 and we can't find any template/ a tool or anything we can use for the food fraud assessment.

We have a database for food defense though. If someone here who has a tool, pls share. We need it badly. Surveillance is scheduled already on September.

Hi cholah,

Seriously, with all due respect, you must be wearing Blinkers.

There's a thread on the same page as this with a template in it.

I would like if someone could share with me any Food defense exercise , i just started in a new company .

thank you  

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces