What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Shelf life. How to get it? Guidance or flow chart please?

Started by , Aug 25 2017 12:59 PM
9 Replies
Shelf life.. how to get it? Guidance or flow chart please?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life
[Ad]

It depends on your product and process, you will need to provide more information in order to help you. 

1 Like1 Thank
In general,regardless kind of product. what should i read? i am new..learn from the scratch..

There are some useful information here 

http://mpi.govt.nz/d...ent-vault/12540

Good Luck!

1 Thank
Thank you for your kindness

It depends on your product and process, you will need to provide more information in order to help you. 

Again, it really depends on what you're producing. The company I work for cuts and packs fresh vegetables and we determine our shelf life through organoleptic testing and laboratory micro testing for pathogens on the day we decide the organoleptic test shows the product deteriorating. It may be completely different for producers of raw meat, cooked meat, chocolate, juice, cheese etc.. If you can let us know what your product is I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Regards,

Andy

Big thank for all of you..anyway i dont have knowledge experienxe in food industry..only doing local resto..now i am preparing for irca iso 22000 lead auditor.. hope for better career .. i read that purpose of any standart e.g ISO is determine shelf life which i dont understand..some good people give guidances..thanks for that...start from the scratch

Literature review of your product

My company produces ambient sauces. We get our shelf life from micro testing at a lab and end of life organoleptic testing. So when the lab have finished testing safety for required shelf life the sample is returned and our quality team with test taste, appearance and texture to ensure quality doesn't decline over time.

Thanks Nikki and Usman

Similar Discussion Topics
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life Shelf life of vacuumed rainbow trout fillets Pasteurizing Chilli Relish to extend shelf life Shelf life issue fresh fish Shelf Life Standards Shelf life testing of beef and chicken donair meat