What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Latex free statement?

Started by , Aug 30 2017 02:24 PM
3 Replies

We have a customer asking for a declaration that our product is latex free. All of our products are water-based liquids. I'm a bit confused. Are they asking for a statement that our facility is latex free as to remove the potential for a latex physical contamination? 

Any insight or opinions would be much appreciated! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Are Latex Powdered Gloves allowed? Food packaging material containing latex tubing Latex or 'dry natural rubber' allergen risk Is it acceptable for employees to use Latex gloves? Justifying use of latex gloves - need to put a statement together
[Ad]

Dear,

Indeed, I think that they are looking for sources of contact with latex surfaces, such as transportation belts, glooves, hoses or gaskets. And within the context of latex allergy.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

They may also be asking if you are using latex gloves when handling product.  I read somewhere that the latex in gloves can be transferred to food.

Probably both:  your products are latex free and there is no cross-contamination from latex gloves, machine parts, hoses, etc.

Similar Discussion Topics
Are Latex Powdered Gloves allowed? Food packaging material containing latex tubing Latex or 'dry natural rubber' allergen risk Is it acceptable for employees to use Latex gloves? Justifying use of latex gloves - need to put a statement together PAS 220 - Latex Gloves Deadly latex evading lax food labelling laws - (Society of Chemical In Latest Allergen Scare: Latex in Packaging