What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cleaning brooms, dust pans, squeegees and brushes

Started by , Aug 30 2017 03:03 PM

I just wanted to know the most effective way for food safety

Hi yogiv,

Ok.

JFI, there are some previous discussions here on this topic but no problem to add some more.

IIRC it's usually a chapter in textbooks on sanitation with requirements mainly involving (a) how to clean, (b) how to sanitise in respect to chemicals / SOPs / time.

It sort of relates to what you are using the brooms to do, ie contact. I have never seen a SOP for dustpans.

Personally (not dressings) for brooms I am familiar with soaking overnight in a bucket / solution of a few thousand ppm chlorine. IIRC some people prefer to elevate the items so as to dry which is generically a usually preferred approach.

What procedure are you using at the moment ?

No doubt you can expect a variety of preferred methods.

6 Replies

Hello all,

I am an intern at a dressing manufacturing company. I am writing work instructions for sanitation and I need your expertise on cleaning of brooms , dust pans, squeegees and brushes effectively.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system
[Ad]

Hello all,

I am an intern at a dressing manufacturing company. I am writing work instructions for sanitation and I need your expertise on cleaning of brooms , dust pans, squeegees and brushes effectively.

Hi yogiv,

Apologies for ignorance but what is a "dressing manufacturing company" ?

oh my bad a dressings manufacturer- mayonnaise for example.

oh my bad a dressings manufacturer- mayonnaise for example.

Thanks for clarification.

Next question - is yr query related to any particular FS Standard or just for internal use ?

Hi yogiv,

Ok.

JFI, there are some previous discussions here on this topic but no problem to add some more.

IIRC it's usually a chapter in textbooks on sanitation with requirements mainly involving (a) how to clean, (b) how to sanitise in respect to chemicals / SOPs / time.

It sort of relates to what you are using the brooms to do, ie contact. I have never seen a SOP for dustpans.

Personally (not dressings) for brooms I am familiar with soaking overnight in a bucket / solution of a few thousand ppm chlorine. IIRC some people prefer to elevate the items so as to dry which is generically a usually preferred approach.

1 Thank

Hi yogiv,

Ok.

Pretty much the same thing. I havent seen anything for the dust pans and the squeegees.

Similar Discussion Topics
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs?