What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Understanding Gras Statements in reference to Ready to Eat

Started by , Aug 31 2017 03:39 PM
1 Reply

Can anyone help me in figuring out how to classify a Raw material if it is Ready to Eat or not, when looking at a GRAS statement.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Understanding CCP for Raw Meat Help with understanding SSOP form 9CFR416.12(a) Free download: Understanding the “General Principles of Food Hygiene” (including GHP and HACCP) published in 2020 by Codex Alimentarius, and its Understanding the difference between PRP, OPRP and CCP Understanding the difference between PRP, OPRP & CCP – An introduction
[Ad]

Simple, you can't.  GRAS has nothing to do with determining RTE versus non-RTE.  RTE versus non-RTE is typically defined by the usage of that food material.  For example, raw chicken; that is considered non-RTE because some type of heat treatment or "kill step" will be applied by someone later down the step such as a customer or food service.  However, half & half is considered RTE because it can be consumed without any type of treatment or "kill step".  Fruits & vegetables are considered RTE.

I hope this helps.

Similar Discussion Topics
Understanding CCP for Raw Meat Help with understanding SSOP form 9CFR416.12(a) Free download: Understanding the “General Principles of Food Hygiene” (including GHP and HACCP) published in 2020 by Codex Alimentarius, and its Understanding the difference between PRP, OPRP and CCP Understanding the difference between PRP, OPRP & CCP – An introduction Understanding the difference between PRP, OPRP & CCP – An introduction BRC Guidelines in Understanding Requirements for new site Need help understanding log reduction Need help understanding clause BRC 3.5.2.2 Help my understanding on how to get FSSC 22000 certification