What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Practice or guidelines of using fumigated wooden pallets

Started by , Sep 04 2017 04:28 AM
2 Replies

Hi everyone,

Our company produces bags for food makers. We pack our products on wooden pallets and we store fumigated (heat treatment) pallets in a warehouse before we use them for shipping. 

I am looking for a practice or an instruction about preservation of fumigated wooden pallets, e.g. stocking condition and duration (practical time of storing before possible re-infestation).

I think it's okay to post this in the pest control section. Please move if I was wrong.

P/S. I read somewhere they said that the critical time of post-fumigation was 21 days and after that, pallets had to be retreated.

Thank you in advance.

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Best Practice for Record Filing Best Practice when there are only two Washing Sink Compartments? Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization
[Ad]

Dear Beautiophile,

Fumigation and heat treatment are 2 different processes. Which one are you speaking about?

• Fumigation = Treatment with the pesticide Methyl Bromide (normally this is not allowed anymore since the end of 2015)
  • Heat treatment = Treatment by means of a temperature increase

If the pallets have been treated and there is no new infestation, there is normally no reason to retreat them after 21 days.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

1 Thank

Merci, Gerard.

My case is the heat treatment. I am glad that you have clarified it for me.

Sincèrement. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Best Practice for Record Filing Best Practice when there are only two Washing Sink Compartments? Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization Best Practice Orgs/ Food Safety Associations Whistleblowing on Unethical Practice EU Code of Practice for Mustard Sauce How to deal with an Employee that does not practice the hygiene expected by GMPs Best practice in numbering forms