What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP for Wheat and Maize Milling

Started by , Sep 18 2017 03:23 AM
3 Replies

Hi All,

This is my very first post here. I am currently in the process of reviewing a HACCP plan for the milling of wheat and maize which has an excessive number of CCP's.

Was wondering if the receival of grain is a CCP. The below are checked for every receival of grain by road/rail

CCP1-  CL:Wheat moisture <12.5%

Maize moisture < 14%

CCP2: CL: Aflatoxins absent

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

VD

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]

Hi All,

This is my very first post here. I am currently in the process of reviewing a HACCP plan for the milling of wheat and maize which has an excessive number of CCP's.

Was wondering if the receival of grain is a CCP. The below are checked for every receival of grain by road/rail

CCP1-  CL:Wheat moisture <12.5%

Maize moisture < 14%

CCP2: CL: Aflatoxins absent

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

VD

Hi Vanessa,

The choice might relate to your specific haccp methodology or FS Standard but these days, hazards at receiving stages  are more  typically handled via  Prerequisite programs rather than CCPs. This may reduce the number of CCPs.

Regarding yr CCPs -

"moisture" per se is not a safety hazard, ie not a CCP.

It might be a critical limit for some other hazard though.

Depending on the risk assessment, "aflatoxin" might be a significant safety hazard and set as a CCP but as noted above, currently more likely to be handled via a PRP. IIRC there is usually a regulatory tolerance for level of aflatoxin ?

CCP = Critical CONTROL Point

CONTROL = something in the process that removes contamination or reduces it to an acceptable level.

If the process step, receiving in this case, does not does not remove contamination, then it is probably a PRP and not a CCP.  PRP = Prerequisite Programs such as inspection, testing, etc.

ok

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?