What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Two different pesticide analysis outcomes form the same lot?

Started by , Sep 25 2017 11:51 AM
5 Replies

Hello all,

I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

We have analyzed a product on the presents of pesticide. no residue was found.

A customer did the same analysis on the same batch but from residue above the EU MRL.

What do we do now? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis FSVP Hazard Analysis
[Ad]

are u sure that 2 MRL analysis form the same Lot?
you may mixed the product from 2 farms

get the MRL certificate from your coustmer to be sure that its related to your product
make a traceability test for this lot, may be you harvest from many sources 

Dear Mohammad,

Thank you for your reply.

We are sure the analysis are from the same lot. We dubble checked everything.

We also received the report from our customer and the labs used are both certified for the analysis.

may be the mistake is form the customer. may he mixed your product with other lots 

what i understand i understand you analyzed your product twice

so send the pesticide records which prove that you did not use the active ingredient detected with the MRL certificate you done.
i hope that your customer did not make a complaint to Food Plus

Could just be that the sample the customer sent in was contaminated and yours wasn't. It's difficult to say more without knowing what kind of product it is.

Is it possible to make a new analysis from this batch? If a third sample also shows residues above MRL then you probably have to investigate further.

At this point you can show them that you have done your routine checks (which I guess the analysis are a part of?) and based on the results, you've released the goods according to GMP.

It's not uncommon with our products that two samples from same batch give two very different results.

Hello all,

I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

We have analyzed a product on the presents of pesticide. no residue was found.

A customer did the same analysis on the same batch but from residue above the EU MRL.

What do we do now? 

Might simply be due to the sampling procedure(s), eg a non-homogeneous distribution.

Or the analytical methodologies, eg accuracy.

Or both.

The consequences typically relate to buyer-seller contractual agreement.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis FSVP Hazard Analysis HACCP annual reassessment form for RTE facility Gap Analysis between ISO 22K:2018 vs BRCGS v9/8 or IFS v7/6 Pest Control Risk Assessment Report Form Hazard Analysis - Preservative How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate?