What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need help setting Food Safety Objectives

Started by , Oct 06 2017 10:52 AM
4 Replies

Hi, am Vincent from Mombasa Kenya,

My organization is in the process of acquiring ISO 22000 and i have been given the responsibility of leading the team.

We are still developing/implementing  the system, however experiencing some challenges which i trust with the help of experienced good friends, i shall be able to overcome and make the whole journey a success.

I have chosen my first topic above, which i would like to be guided in coming up with one for my Company.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi Vincent,

An important point to keep in mind is that Food Safety Objectives must be specific &  measurable. 

Whatever your objective is, you must be able to generate sufficient data to prove that you are achieving it.

Example of Objective: Respond to 100% of customer queries received for 2017 within 24 hours

Recorded queries must be analysed to indicate how many were received for the year & how much time was

taken to respond to each....thus indicating if the objective or goal was achieved.

Hope this helps!!

1 Thank

Vincent what are your current non-conformance levels in terms of number, cost, type etc. 

If you collect this data then you can set targets for improvement such as:

- Reduce foreign body customer complaints by 10%

- Reduce personal hygiene violations by 50% (found during audits)

I think you get the picture.

Regards,

Simon

Thanks guys, for the wonderful response.

Vincent,

Start with fundamentals that the whole team can but into and participate in.  This will build momentum. 

Facility, Pest control and sanitation.  Don't go broad with your objectives until the GMPs are solid.

Make sure there is a solid standard that everyone is committed to or opinions will be the rule and you will spin in circles.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces