What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP and Risk Assessment Help with Herbs?

Started by , Oct 06 2017 03:29 PM
3 Replies

Hello

Can anyone help me, I have been asked to set up HACCP and risk assessments for a new product line which will be packing herbs, these will be sourced from the UK and abroad.

What Allergens would I need to be looking for and also what microbial testing would be done and to look for what and the safe levels?

What dangers could be in the herbs such as moulds?

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart?
[Ad]

Hello

Can anyone help me, I have been asked to set up HACCP and risk assessments for a new product line which will be packing herbs, these will be sourced from the UK and abroad.

What Allergens would I need to be looking for and also what microbial testing would be done and to look for what and the safe levels?

What dangers could be in the herbs such as moulds?

Thank you

Hi mica,

Re-allergens, moulds, micro,  you may need to be more specific.

Generally, maybe -

haccp guide spices-seasonings, ASTA,2006.pdf   498.56KB   140 downloads

3 Thanks

Hi Mica,

Some more dangers you could look in to -  :excl:

- Extraneous Material (physical contaminants)

- pest / insects

- Adulterants  

azaam

1 Thank

Thank you for your help,

Hi mica,

Re-allergens, moulds, micro,  you may need to be more specific.

Generally, maybe -

haccp guide spices-seasonings, ASTA,2006.pdf

Thank you for your help, I am looking to find out what sort of results you would be looking for when doing microbial testing, safe levels and what pathogens would be a danger to herbs.  The site blends as well as supply single type of herb. what quality controls would be expected during packing and prior to dispatch.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken?