What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Desk Audit and Records

Started by , Oct 06 2017 07:14 PM
3 Replies

Hi All,

As we get ready for our first ever SQF desk audit, I have been following the forum with hawk eyes. One question I have as of now is whether the auditor will check any records (logs, production sheets, etc.) for the desk audit or is it just the policies, procedures, SOPs, SSOPs, etc. ? Also, if the auditor is conducting a desk audit onsite, will it involve a walk through of the facility or will it be limited again just to checking the policies, procedures, etc. ?

Thank you very much.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

Hi 

I believe the desk audit is not accompanied by a plant tour.They leave the corrective actions from desk audit and plant tour for the actual audit day.You can get more details on this under SQF edition 8 Module 2 section 2.6 and 2.7

Regarding the documents every auditor is different some might look at procedures and ask for records some might not.

Thanks 

Roma 

Desk audit is for your SQF system documents and normally does not involve live documents, i.e. records, logs, etc.

It is rare nowadays to have a desk audit done on-site, most are remote and then the cert audit is of course done on-site.

It is not rare to have an Auditor that is doing an on-site desk audit to ask if they can (or tell you they are going to) walk thru the facility -- this can be a real can of worms sometimes. 

Best to have the desk audit off-site.

In my experience, the on-site desk audit consisted only of reviewing policies against the SQF code.  The auditor did not walk through the plant or look at any records.  I imagine it depends on your certification body.  We use NSF.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table