What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is the standard value for migration test of HDPE jars?

Started by , Oct 12 2017 09:00 AM
2 Replies

Dear All,

I am bit confused about migration test result, what is the standard value for migration test of HDPE jars....

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed
[Ad]

Hi Prem Ashwin,

The standard depends on the country where you sell jars. To consult local law experts is a good idea.

In case of my company, products are shipped to Europe. We have to test migration against EC 10/2011, 85/572/EEC and 82/711/EEC.

Kind regards.

I would recommend you look at where your core market area is and test to the their requirements. In my past roll, manufacturing plastic food containers within the UK, and generally selling to the UK and Europe, we stated the product complied with the requirements of EC 10/2011, 85/572/EEC and 82/711/EEC, our policy / declarations then stated it was the responsibility of the customer to then ensure it was compliant for their own market, if it were to be sold outside of Europe.

Hope this helps.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Ice cream standard If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Requesting migration reports from packaging suppliers