What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cut Proof Gloves for trimming of low risk vegetables

Started by , Oct 19 2017 08:26 AM
2 Replies

Hi all

I'm looking for some guidance on cut proof gloves, we work with trimming of low risk vegetables. Is there a requirement for gloves to be 'food safe', what is everyones stance on natural latex?

Best regards

John

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Gloves Versus Handwashing Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Example of a risk assessment template Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Health & Safety Risk Assessment
[Ad]

Hello,

Unfortunately I don't think I can help you more than giving an account of our own problems.

We've had remarks from auditors that the gloves that come in contact with food should (preferably) be approved for handling food stuff.

We have the difficulty that our goods are frozen and we haven't found any manufacturers that make freeze resistant, food stuff approved, gloves.  :dunno:

At the moment staff use disposable (one-time use) gloves, which are worn over normal freeze resistant gloves.

But we're having difficulties getting specifications for these gloves.

Hi all

I'm looking for some guidance on cut proof gloves, we work with trimming of low risk vegetables. Is there a requirement for gloves to be 'food safe', what is everyones stance on natural latex?

Best regards

John

Hi John,

I doubt that routine cut proof gloves exist.

IMEX surgical gloves are popular where the item's surface texture allows their use. Otherwise compromises are unavoidable.

Re-latex, a variety of comments in this 2011 thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ement-together/

Similar Discussion Topics
Gloves Versus Handwashing Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Example of a risk assessment template Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care