What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Glycerin glycerol - can we use Ph.Eu. instead of FoodGrade (E422)?

Started by , Oct 25 2017 01:27 PM
4 Replies

Good evening to everyone.

I have a question. In our permisses we make a blend of sorbitol syrup and glycerine/glycerol (as a humectant) and we sell it to food producers. Regarding Glycerine can we use Ph.Eu. instead of FoodGrade (E422).? There are purity criteria and the producer of Ph.Eu can send us a statment that the product confoms to the standart of  E422. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Good evening to everyone.

I have a question. In our permisses we make a blend of sorbitol syrup and glycerine/glycerol (as a humectant) and we sell it to food producers. Regarding Glycerine can we use Ph.Eu. instead of FoodGrade (E422).? There are purity criteria and the producer of Ph.Eu can send us a statment that the product confoms to the standart of  E422. 

JFI (I assume) -

The European Pharmacopoeia = Pharmacopoeia Europaea=  Ph. Eur.

JFI = ?

JFI = ?

JFI = just for information (I anticipate many members will not know the meaning of Ph.Eu (like myself :smile:)). Just adding a little more info. Unfortunately I hv zero knowledge regarding yr OP.

http://www.ifsqn.com...ons/#entry24154

Hi,
You have to fulfill all parameters for food grade. PhEur does not contain all these parameters. If you supplier is able to state that ok. He will become a part of the food chain with all legal responsibilities.
Check the concentration of glycerol- in pharmaceutical it is in the most cases 80% and does not fit into the requirements of E422.
Rgds
moskito

Similar Discussion Topics