What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Change to IFS version 6 - new version 6.1

Started by , Oct 25 2017 02:22 PM
7 Replies

The IFS International Technical Committee decided to publish a modified version of IFS Food 6 in November 2017 which will include some additional requirements. This version will mainly include the current IFS Food Version April 2014, references to the current IFS Food Doctrine and in addition a new chapter 4.21 “Food Fraud”. This modified version will come into force starting from 1st June 2018.

With IFS Food Version 6.1 November 2017 IFS will apply for the GFSI benchmarking according the new GFSI Guidance Document Version 7.1 .

IFS will continue to develop the IFS Food Version 7. It is planned to strengthen the process and product approach of IFS with IFS Food Version 7. Main topics of IFS Food Version 7 will be alignment with the new version of Codex Alimentarius, covering product integrity issues including supply chain management and focusing on packaging requirements in product development and packaging processes.

The IFS International Technical Committee will decide about the main changes in the new version in spring or early summer 2018 and then the new IFS Food Version 7 is planned to be published at latest in the last quarter of 2018.

3 Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Reformulation change and use up of film How to Change Old Habits Want to change user name Management of Change Procedure and Reference
[Ad]

Thanks for the update Bnue.

1 Like

The new IFS Food standard, issue 6.1 can be downloaded here: IFS Food, version 6.1

Overview of main changes

4 Thanks

Hi anyone knows if there is a FSMS Implementation plan for updated IFS Food Issue 6.1?

Thanks

Hi anyone knows if there is a FSMS Implementation plan for updated IFS Food Issue 6.1?

Thanks

Hello Jorge, what do you mean with FSMS implementation plan?

Glad to help if I can.

best regards

Bruno Séchet

Hello Bruno. I just wanted to clarify. I meant an IFS Implementation package based on the updated standard. Thanks!

Hello Bruno. I just wanted to clarify. I meant an IFS Implementation package based on the updated standard. Thanks!

6-month delay.

If you refer to link below the answer appears to be negative however I have queried Admin to confirm.

https://www.ifsqn.co...ation-packages/

6-month delay.

If you refer to link below the answer appears to be negative however I have queried Admin to confirm.

https://www.ifsqn.co...ation-packages/

Thank you Charles.

It is on the list to update but not near the top. Possibly by New Year. If anyone wants an IFS Food Version 6.1 package earlier then order via the e-Consultancy route.

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Reformulation change and use up of film How to Change Old Habits Want to change user name Management of Change Procedure and Reference Cranberry Color Change When a company changes name how quickly do we need to change labels? Glass light bulb change policy Change of light trap and tin cat glue boards When do you change the versions to your documents and how?