What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Portioning Pasteurized Product

Started by , Oct 25 2017 04:10 PM
4 Replies

What are the regulations around re-portioning pasteurized product? For example, if I buy pasteurized Grade A milk and want to portion it into smaller containers for consumers. These containers would be part of a 'meal kit' delivery service. The consumer will be doing the final cooking step. 

Milk, Juice, Liquid Egg, Sprouts?, etc. 

Any direction will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Not sure how to edit post, for clarification, we repackage and portion. So we break the original pasteurization seal and do not pasteurize internally. We do not tell consumers it is pasteurized. 

What are the regulations around re-portioning pasteurized product? For example, if I buy pasteurized Grade A milk and want to portion it into smaller containers for consumers. These containers would be part of a 'meal kit' delivery service. The consumer will be doing the final cooking step. 

Milk, Juice, Liquid Egg, Sprouts?, etc. 

Any direction will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

Hi afend,

I assume this question relates to USA.

My first query would be as to whether such a (milk) process is even legally possible ?

Yes, USA. I do not think it is legal. I cannot find any information on pasteurized juices or honey. 

Dear Afend,

Is it not possible to buy portions from your supplier? E.g. sealed and pasteurized milk 200 ml, honey in portions 15 ml etc.

Besides the regulation this is much much safer than repacking and bringing it to consumers. Probably also less messy.

Similar Discussion Topics