What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to ensure food safety with small suppliers?

Started by , Oct 27 2017 06:11 PM
2 Replies
How to ensure food safety with small suppliers?

Start Time: 5.15 p.m. London, 12.15 p.m. New York

Cor Groenveld, Managing Director FSSC Global Markets, FSSC 22000

Small and medium enteprises (SME's) play a crucial role in the manufacturing of food around the world. And not only in emerging and developing markets. Even in the European Union the food and drink industry accounts for more then 285.000 SME's what is 91 % of the total companies that are responsible for almost 50 % of the food and drink turnover (source: Food and Drink Europe). To ensure food safety in the food supply chain it is essential to ensure that also these smaller manufacturers and suppliers have an effective food safety system. 
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hello, Good day

I will first like to start by congratulating the IFSQN and sponsors  for the wonderful initiative. 

Food Safety is vital key components for any food industry be it large or small. Moreover, Small suppliers industries are now seen more than large cooperates, and is alarming the number of security protocol that are been violated by those. Some due to ignorance and other simply because they are not willing to invest in quality. i believe this will help small producers to understand that food safety should be the first target. to insure efficiency and growth of the company. 

i am looking forward in learning and sharing my knowledge. 

once more thank you for this wonderful opportunity. 

Hello Cor,

If we use a produce broker as a provider and we have the broker's quality documentation complete, do we need all the individual grower documentation as well?

Thank you,

Jeanette Olivares

jeanette.olivares@freshstartfoods.com

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces