What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF practitioner and extending audit date

Started by , Oct 31 2017 07:46 PM
2 Replies

Hi

I had SQF training class in 2008 from NSF for "Auditing SQF systems and Implementing SQF systems". Do I need to re-do these to show that I have knowledge of SQF systems? 

Also, is there a possibility of extending an audit date past the certificate date? 

thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

You do not need specific SQF Training to be a Practitioner.  You only need to complete a HACCP Training Course, show that you are knowledgeable in SQF Code, and proficient in implementing the food safety system.  I completed my certificated training for SQF (Practitioner & Internal Auditing) some years ago when this was relevant in the code (7.1 I think).  I do find training very helpful and encourage all to take up more training to increase the knowledge base so retaking may be useful to you.  

Here is the code reference:

2.1.2.4 Senior site management shall designate an SQF practitioner for each site with responsibility and authority to:

i. Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals outlined in 2.4.2, and the food safety plan outlined in 2.4.3.

ii. Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System; and

iii. Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.

2.1.2.5 The SQF practitioner shall:

i. Be employed by the site as a company employee on a full-time basis;

ii. Hold a position of responsibility in relation to the management of the site's SQF System;

iii. Have completed a HACCP training course;

iv. Be competent to implement and maintain HACCP based food safety plans; and

v. Have an understanding of the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and the requirements to implement and maintain an SQF System relevant to the site's scope of certification.

I cannot speak on the extending the audit date as I have not undertaken this request.  

Hope this helps.  

SQF no longer has the requirement for attending SQF Practitioner/Implementation training.

As to extending an audit date, normally this is OK, but the CB may have a cancellation and change policy that includes a charge for re-setting dates.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing