What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Please Critique My Food Safety Policy

Started by , Nov 06 2017 01:09 PM

Good Morning,

At a glance, it seems to me that the first two bullet points can be merged into 1.

I did not notice any specific statement about management commitment or allocation of resources to the upkeep 

of the Food Safety System.

Also, communication of the Policy to staff and the welcoming of feedback( facilitates two way communication)

Hope this is helpful...

Best Regards

3 Replies

Hi, 

Can anyone please review the attached food safety policy and issue comments on where to improve in order to adequately address all requirements stipulated in ISO 22000 in relation to food safety policy

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement?
[Ad]

Good Morning,

At a glance, it seems to me that the first two bullet points can be merged into 1.

I did not notice any specific statement about management commitment or allocation of resources to the upkeep 

of the Food Safety System.

Also, communication of the Policy to staff and the welcoming of feedback( facilitates two way communication)

Hope this is helpful...

Best Regards

1 Thank

Any sample policy to help me structure the context of my revised policy?

Good evening,

According to clause 5.2 f) in ISO 22000 the food safety policy shall be supported by measurable objectives, which means that you need at least two measurable goals. This is something the auditor always has looked at during our ISO 22000 audits.

Our policy is split in three: management commitment, measurable goals and employee commitment.

I miss commitment to produce according to legislation, standards and customer requirements.

How to communicate your food safety policy should be included in your procedure on communication (clause 5.6). Reviewing your policy should be included in procedure on management review.

Hope this helps!

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan