What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Risk assessment for exclusion

Started by , Nov 21 2017 05:38 PM
1 Reply

Hello All,

During my pre-assessment, the auditor told me I need approval from SQF for an exclusion.  Is this true?  

Also, do I need SQF approval for a risk assessment for exclusion if I am saying in my food safety documents, the warehouse employees do not need to remove jewelry, such as studs, watches, etc., because it is not a food safety issue?  All product is sealed and boxed upon arrival and distribution.

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

It is not from SQF, exclusions go thru the CB.

You have to show written cause for exclusion.

However a client excluded their 75% of the facility that was storing packaging and janitorial chemicals by simply defining the scope to only food storage -- those areas were checked by the auditor but only to ensure that food was not being stored in those areas.

It will be up to the auditor to accept or reject your written basis for allowing employees to wear those items. I have never seen a straight non-open, non-touch DC allow those items.

Similar Discussion Topics
Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Risk assessments Allergen Risk Assessment