What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can I approve this raw material based on the specification (attached)?

Started by , Nov 21 2017 06:37 PM
2 Replies

We have a potential new supplier.  They have provided GMO, Kosher and Allergen statements.  Can  I approve this raw material based on the specification (attached)?  Anybody can give me a short summary of the points I need to review.

Huge thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Bulk raw material receiving and traceability 2.3.2.9 Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK?
[Ad]

My first take is to reject it as the crop was 2012 and the shelf life is 24 months.

However, you need to look at how you approve your suppliers and their products. We also use the same raw material and use a mix of SAQ, GFSI certification and audits to approve the supplier, and a mix of the specific HACCP plan and our experience with the product to approve the material.

Ultimately, it depends on the standard you are using (BRC, IFS, SQF etc.) and the way you interpret it. Be aware that it is not enough to approve the supplier, you must also approve the HACCP which will vary according to the product being produced.

It talks about sterilisation to the product so I would get hold of the HACCP flow and chart and check what times/temps they are working to.  Also look into pesticide usage and make sure there is a robust supply chain in place.

Similar Discussion Topics
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Bulk raw material receiving and traceability 2.3.2.9 Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling