What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Using frozen vegetables – required micro testing?

Started by , Dec 01 2017 04:00 PM
3 Replies

I am currently creating a product which consists of fresh vegetables and frozen vegetables. The frozen vegetables will thaw out during the shelf life of the product.

Please can anyone advise what type of micro testing should take place over the shelf life of the product.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations
[Ad]

I am currently creating a product which consists of fresh vegetables and frozen vegetables. The frozen vegetables will thaw out during the shelf life of the product.

Please can anyone advise what type of micro testing should take place over the shelf life of the product.

Hi Peter,

Rather confused. I deduce the product is RTE, half-frozen, half not. So how do you store it ?

The shelf life you are looking to achieve is also important information.

As others have said, what you're intending to do with the product is key.  But in either case I'm guessing it's ready to eat, ready to reheat or ready to cook.  In the big scheme of things what you monitor over shelf life is unlikely to be very different but what you do with the results is likely to be different.  I'd suggest TVCs, Coliforms, E Coli (you could always test if Coliforms are detected), Listeria, pseudomonas (to pick up spoilage) and if it's MAP / vac or in a sauce which would exclude oxygen and >10 days life (unlikely) then Clostridium.  Don't forget organoleptic testing too as that may be the limiting factor.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Frozen meals - cooling requirements