What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Wood Breakage Procedure

Started by , Dec 04 2017 09:13 AM
1 Reply

As per BRC we exclude wood from open product areas, just having wooden pallets for the final packed product and goods in and have a procedure for this.

A customer now requires a documented wood breakage procedure.  I take it this is for wooden pallets.  Can any one share a procedure or advise what one should contain.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Wood platforms in food areas Are storage racks with wood shelving acceptable for low risk items? Wood Pallets in Production Area Wood Policy Wood pallet return program with customers
[Ad]

Hlo ,

I think Wood breakage policy is enough if you have.  What we are doing in our compnay is we documented on policy related to foregien Object control policy and we have mentioned some point 

I.e 

1. Only heat treated and approved pallets will be used 

2. All the pallet will be checked for the integrity and abnormility at the the time of receving at plant. Security gurad is responsible to take care of this point also same will be verified by the Dy. manager Systems and audit.

3. pallets are made of good wood and not un even finishing.

4. we have defined a frequency of life of these pallets. Every 6 month we chane the pallets with new one.

6. Monitoring is being carried out on monthly basis of all the pallets.

7. Also treatment is carried out for  wood borer.

I think these point can be added in the procedure

And please if anybode have something better realted to this , i will really appriciate...

Thanks 

Similar Discussion Topics
Wood platforms in food areas Are storage racks with wood shelving acceptable for low risk items? Wood Pallets in Production Area Wood Policy Wood pallet return program with customers Food Safe Wood Finish Can we use panibois wooden trays in a wood free factory? Looking to replace my dust mop handles and wondering if anybody can point me in the direction of something other than wood? Phytosanitary certification for wood pallet Manufacturer of wood pallets, Can I file for exemption for 2.4.3?