What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP plan in wheat flour mills, what are the CCP’s?

Started by , Jan 03 2018 08:55 AM
4 Replies

We are implementing the Iso 2200 managment system in our mills.

Can you please help me identifying the CCPs in the process?

+ Is testing the water used in conditioning a ccp or a prp? "We are currently testing it twice per/year. We have an UV system."

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]

We are implementing the Iso 2200 managment system in our mills.

Can you please help me identifying the CCPs in the process?

+ Is testing the water used in conditioning a ccp or a prp? "We are currently testing it twice per/year. We have an UV system."

Hi Hanine,

iso-haccp is not always identical to the traditional variety.

Some (latter) possibilities here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ill/#entry45872

Re-water, not sure what "conditioning" means ? = a process step ?

1 Thank

Hi Hanine,

iso-haccp is not always identical to the traditional variety.

Some (latter) possibilities here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ill/#entry45872

Re-water, not sure what "conditioning" means ? = a process step ?

Thank you very much Charles!

"Conditioning", "Tempering" or "Damping" are all terms used to describe this part of the process. The addition of water toughens the bran to reduce powdering ( and subsequent darkening of the flour ) during the milling process.

Hi,

whether CCP or PrP depends very much on the product.

Our requirement for mill delivering flours to our bakery is sieving prior loadiing (max 1mm) which are CCPs. In our plants we have similar equiment after silo, in many cases with automatic screen monitoring (CCP).

In "water treated flours" water management and heat processing are PrPs with special focus on B. cereus.

Rgds

moskito

1 Thank

hi,

Water used for conditioning/tempering could simply be a CP....control point and may not necessarily be a CCP.

It seems that you are already treating it as a control via external verification testing twice a year.

Perhaps you should evauluate whether your UV System is a CCP? Is its functionality being monitored.

If this fails how will the level of microbs in the water be controlled?

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?