What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Has anyone had an audit under SQF 8 yet?

Started by , Jan 05 2018 05:56 PM
15 Replies

Has anyone had an audit under SQF 8 yet?  We have our next week.  Just curious...

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

No, but good luck. :thumbup:

I'll get mine in Feb and I'll report back :)

We have ours in 2 weeks.

Client of ours had their 8.0 this past week and did very well.

I will let you all  know how it goes!

Are you going for Food Quality Level 3?

Yes we are currently level 3.  I believe it is now Food Safety Certification and a separate Quality Certification.

We haven't yet, but good luck!

My company (well, me and my manager) are actually going through edition 8 and the guidance documents now to prepare for our audit later in 2018! 

Yes we are currently level 3.  I believe it is now Food Safety Certification and a separate Quality Certification.

That's smart. One of the main reasons we didn't go for SQF 3 at the Sugar Refinery I previously was employed with was that there wasn't enough bang for the buck/time involved to go from 2 to 3. With a separate quality certification it's easier to impress upon your customers the added investment you've made. Typically when they see SQF certified they aren't caring about lvl 2 or 3 (But surprisingly most know 1 isn't good).

YES to both

Each ingredient (or family of) must have its own line in the HA.  

You can group ingredients in families share similar characteristics.

From there you determine whether the risk needs control or not; and who controls this risk; and when you need a Preventive Control (PC)

hello,

we just finished our audit under SQF 8.0. the auditor told us that we need both (flow steps and ingredients), they can not be categorized, HA has to be for each ingredient.

Our audit went well edition 8.  We received a 95.  My only complaint is that the audit was scheduled for two days and the auditor was here 23.5 hours in two days.  We have never had one last that long before.

@sqflady, how big is your facility? I have been hoping to cut the time required for our upcoming audit down to a day(provision is in the new code for it when you're as small as we are).

Our facility is about 250,000 square feet with 184,000 square feet for production/warehouse.

1 Thank

Well OK then. That's about 8 times our size, so I might be fine.

hello,

we just finished our audit under SQF 8.0. the auditor told us that we need both (flow steps and ingredients), they can not be categorized, HA has to be for each ingredient.

Ivan, care to share the actual NC you received, I'm very interested in how the auditor justified your HA being insufficient.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table