What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Time / temp controls for hot filled sauces in laminated pouches

Started by , Jan 05 2018 06:13 PM
1 Reply

Hi,

I am working in a new project of pasta sauces (pH <4.5) to be packed in laminated pouches, and I am looking for references on temperature controls for hot filling.

Is there some literature that you can recommend? US regulations available?

I am interested to learn more about the time / temp controls to be implemented

Thank you

AR

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Unannounced Audit Time Soft Drinks - Pasteurisation Time/Temp (PU's) Swabbing zone 1,2,3 at the same time
[Ad]

If you're looking to sell in US you will need to get a process authority involved to help you file and validate the process. I recommend Covance.

FDA talks about hot filling in the seafood HACCP guidance

Recontamination between cooking and reduced oxygen packaging in continuous filling systems, where the product is packaged directly from the kettle, can be controlled by hot filling at temperatures at or above 185°F (85°C).

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification BRC Unannounced Audit Time Soft Drinks - Pasteurisation Time/Temp (PU's) Swabbing zone 1,2,3 at the same time For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running? SQF- Recall/Traceability - Time of Completion Contact time for sanitizing food contact surfaces BRC Packaging - unannounced audit time