What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

One set of test pieces for similar products but different weights?

Started by , Jan 08 2018 02:38 PM
3 Replies

hi

can we use one  set of metal detection test pieces for similar products but different weights .

we use 3.5 ferrous. 4.5 non ferrous and 5.0 s/steel 

the product are low moisture <14% and most of them are blended seasonings some have higher salt levels then others .

we pack the product  in 25kg packs and currently use the above test pieces ,my question is can i use the same test pieces or would i have to carry out sensitivity checks on 16kg and 10kg ?

and how would i do this please ( i am very new to metal detection so not sure ) 

thanks in advance 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately
[Ad]

hi

can we use one  set of metal detection test pieces for similar products but different weights .

we use 3.5 ferrous. 4.5 non ferrous and 5.0 s/steel 

the product are low moisture <14% and most of them are blended seasonings some have higher salt levels then others .

we pack the product  in 25kg packs and currently use the above test pieces ,my question is can i use the same test pieces or would i have to carry out sensitivity checks on 16kg and 10kg ?

thanks in advance 

Hi sniadanie,

Basic answer is YES.

Is there a FS Standard related to yr query ? eg BRC ?

hello Charles C

Thank you ,we have to comply with BRC and M&S 

hello Charles C

Thank you ,we have to comply with BRC and M&S 

Hi sniadanie,

I assume you have a copy of BRC Standard in which case a Procedure is discussed in this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ctors-accepted/

(particularly see Posts 7-9)

Regarding M&S sorry no idea but other posters may know.

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Customers want to rent our storage to store their products BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products