What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF desk audit preparation

Started by , Jan 08 2018 06:05 PM
5 Replies
hello,

I am preparing for sqf desk audit.. we are currently audited by Silliker (Merieux)
can I use my current procedures for SQF?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

If you can demonstrate that your existing procedures meet the requirements of the code, then yes. However if you're pursing SQF level II or III, you likely don't have all of the components required depending on the type of audit you currently receive from MXNS (who mostly do GMP and HACCP audits I think?).

The guidance posted for the SQF code modules that apply to you will help you see what the SQF auditor is looking for for each requirement. Get familiar with the code, there is no way around reading it yourself and learning what is required on your own if you want to be successful long-term.

2 Thanks

We had a pretty mature food safety system with lots of SOPs before moving to SQF.  We had to write a few policies but maintained existing SOPs, because our employees are already familiar with them and I didn't want to add any confusion.  Spend some time thinking about where the SOPs match up with the code elements.  In some cases, my SOPs covered more than 1 SQF element and therefore I had multiple copies in my SQF binder under the applicable section.  If you do this - keep a very detailed table of contents, so that if you update an SOP, you can find all the old revision copies.

1 Thank

We are preparing for a first SQF desk audit.  We process and store dry pinto beans.  Does anyone out there have any resources for our industry?

1 Thank

As long as everything matches up with the requirements of SQF 8.0 that would be fine.

1 Thank

hello,

I am preparing for sqf desk audit.. we are currently audited by Silliker (Merieux)
can I use my current procedures for SQF?

Hi Pices,

SQF checklist documents include specific checklists for the desk audit, so check against the desk audit checklists for modules 2 (System Elements) & 11 (GMP):

SQF-Manufacturing_Ed8Changes-with-desk.xlsx   155.81KB   74 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table