What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Protective clothing besides hairnets for SQF?

Started by , Jan 11 2018 07:17 PM
4 Replies

What does everyone need to wear in the production are besides hairnets for SQF?

Smocks? Own clothes? Visitors? Non-production employees?

Thanks for dyour help.

Steve-

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Protective clothing while working in freezers How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Is it necessary to add a protective film to tempered glass in the plant? What are the protective clothing requirements for visitors? Microbiological limits for uniform and protective clothing swabs
[Ad]

oops sorry ...Thank for your help!

Hi, Steve;

This depends on your process, product, and risk analysis. Tell us more about your company.

At the very least clothing should be clean, maintained to the highest hygienic and maintenance standards. I would also (conditionally) prohibit sleeveless shirts, shorts, and open toed foot wear.   

Thanks ... we currently are level 2 SQF (soon to change I know) ... we produce and package snack foods ... I believe that everyone who enters the production facility should wear a smock but where does it detail that?

SQF doesn't require a smock, sklegon...not sure where you got that?

With SQF, it's all based upon your risk analysis.

Similar Discussion Topics
Protective clothing while working in freezers How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Is it necessary to add a protective film to tempered glass in the plant? What are the protective clothing requirements for visitors? Microbiological limits for uniform and protective clothing swabs SQF v9 11.3.3.7 - Storage of protective clothing Protective Clothing for Enclosed Product Areas Protective Clothing for Food Packaging Protective clothing removal at a storage and distribution site Risk Assessment for protective clothing