What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food safety team members appointment

Started by , Jan 16 2018 10:54 AM
1 Reply

Hi

I have managed a couple of food safety systems.

I just started going over my food safety team appointments and drafting letters for new appointments before deciding to review what the standard says in terms of team.

The question I am stuck with at the moment is:

Does appointments have to be on individual letters or can I draft a document with the responsibilities explained and a list of team member names that everyone can sign off on?

Regards,

Jaco

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi Jaco,

That would be fine. The requirements for the FSSC 22000 scheme cover this in ISO 22000:

5.4 Responsibility and authority
Top management shall ensure that responsibilities and authorities are defined and communicated within the organization
5.5 Food safety team leader
Top management shall appoint a food safety team leader who, irrespective of other responsibilities, shall have the responsibility and authority
a) to manage a food safety team (see 7.3.2) and organize its work,
b) to ensure relevant training and education of the food safety team members (see 6.2.1),
6.2 Human resources
6.2.1 General
The food safety team and the other personnel carrying out activities having an impact on food safety shall be competent and shall have appropriate education, training, skills and experience.

​It does not prescribe how responsibilities are communicated it can be as you describe or by job descriptions etc.

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces