What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What to include in a Containment Plan? - SQFI Corrective Action Report

Started by , Jan 17 2018 06:50 PM
3 Replies

So, I'm fairly new to food safety, and I've just had my first SQF Audit.

I've received my SQFI Corrective Action Report, and I need to submit:

-Responsible Person

-Root Cause

-Corrective Action

-Containment Plan

-Preventative Action

I'm a little overwhelmed, and I can't find a definition of what a "Containment Plan" needs to include...I think I've covered the Responsible person, root cause analysis and corrective action properly, but I'm unsure of the last two.

Is there somewhere I can see an example of a supplier response to a CAR? Because I'm totally lost, I'd like to know that I'm approaching this properly and the clock's ticking...

Thank you so much

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Food safety culture plan How to build a raw materials sampling plan? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree
[Ad]

Ok, I've just reviewed my Responding to a Corrective Action document, and found the definitions for a few of them, but the Containment Plan definition section says the following:

"1. Containment Plan (for SQF this field means Immediate Correction): This box can be marked N/A."

What does this mean? For example, on a Temporary Repair N/C, should I write that we removed all temporary repairs, or should I just write N/A?

I think it's how you contained the issue if it couldn't be corrected immediately e.g. tagging out a non-conforming piece of equipment?

Submit the corrective action and/or call/email your aduitor and ask for advice

Hi Evelynn,

As per the previous posts a containment plan may be how you controlled non-conforming product and/or equipment.

The preventative action is action taken to prevent a recurrence.

I'm sure if you post an idea of the non-conformity raised people will be able to provide examples.

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Food safety culture plan How to build a raw materials sampling plan? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Allergen Management Plan Food Defence Plan How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?