What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen Labelling for use of Vitamin Pre-mix

Started by , Jan 19 2018 11:49 AM
2 Replies

Hi Folks,

Working on a project fortifying a drink with Vit A & D pre-mix and just want to be clear in my own mind for labelling requirements. The pre-mix specs state that cereals containing gluten, soy are not contained in our product but are used and controlled using HACCP plan on the site.

Am I correct in saying that this doesnt need declaring on my labelling ?. This is for UK & ROI.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gary 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management
[Ad]

To be clear, the ingredient spec states that those two allergens are not in the ingredients, but it's in their facility?

If this is the case, it sounds like they just put that statement to cover themselves legally (although it really doesn't do that). In the US, companies do this all the time, which makes it very unclear to customers. Your supplier still has to take steps to ensure there's no allergen cross contamination, which it sounds like they do if it's part of their HACCP plan. If it were me, I would not declare those allergens on my label.

I agree with e.rubin

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen Allergen Label Checks