What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Product annual review

Started by , Jan 26 2018 08:37 AM
3 Replies

Dear all,

I was doing my annual product review to review the specification either it meets our internal specification or not. I calculated lower control limit and upper control limit given the formulation as (average - 2 x STD deviation) LCL and (average + 2 x STD Deviation ) UCL. I have never found that the LCL and UCL is over the specification limit. But this year i'm having difficulty as my UCL is over my specification limit. May I know what should i do next?

Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling
[Ad]

Hi Quality X,

This means that the standard deviation had been increased ,something went wrong in the inputs or process that increase the deviations and variability which lead to more STD value ,you should look for the reason and start to restore your basic condition and reduce the variation , this needs you to go to the line and start with your team investigate the reason of deviation.

Just note : normally UCl /LCL are  3+STD ,I understand that you need more narrow limits , you can also use Cpk to review process capability.

BR,

Ehab

Your results indicate something has changed within your process, causing the increase in your SD value

Has something new been introduced to your process?, Equipment, new raw material, New staff, change in process  parameters etc, you will need to identify the cause before you can start to get the process back in control.

Perhaps the first step is to look closely at your data to see if you can identify when any change occurred - when did the SD start to shift?

Dear all,

I was doing my annual product review to review the specification either it meets our internal specification or not. I calculated lower control limit and upper control limit given the formulation as (average - 2 x STD deviation) LCL and (average + 2 x STD Deviation ) UCL. I have never found that the LCL and UCL is over the specification limit. But this year i'm having difficulty as my UCL is over my specification limit. May I know what should i do next?

Thanks.

Hi Quality x,

Some actual data might generate more specific comments.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet? SQF 2.6.1.2 Product changeover and label reconciliation records What are the elements that need to be included in the final product specification?