What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to protect BOM sheets on the production floor?

Started by , Jan 29 2018 11:06 PM
4 Replies

How do you maintain yourBOM sheetwhile its out in the prioduction floor.

We are using a plastic sheet protector for our BOMs and taping them to the finished batch. The line operator collects the sheet before processing the product but after production they are returned stained,wet or ripped.

This is for a juice manufacturer, I am out of ideas.. what can you suggest  or how do you handle this issue.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor?
[Ad]

How do you maintain yourBOM sheetwhile its out in the prioduction floor.

We are using a plastic sheet protector for our BOMs and taping them to the finished batch. The line operator collects the sheet before processing the product but after production they are returned stained,wet or ripped.

This is for a juice manufacturer, I am out of ideas.. what can you suggest  or how do you handle this issue.

BOM = ?

BOM would be bill of materials.

@JuicerICU, we have found the most effective things to be sheet protectors and training.  You might ask your workers what they think about how paperwork damage can best be avoided.  Talk as a group and decide on a plan.  I think if workers know the conditions and locations where paperwork is most likely to be splashed or damaged, then they can take action to avoid those.  Give people positive encouragement when they return paperwork clean and intact.

Anyway, that's what I think.

Matthew

Has anyone tried work ticket holders?

https://www.amazon.c...H&pd_rd_w=juvIE

or ziplock bags?

1 Like

Make multiple copies.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets Inhalers in production rooms Suitable Flashlights for Inspections by the Production Team