What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Labeling if ingredient is made on equipment that also processes nuts

Started by , Jan 30 2018 04:17 PM
2 Replies

Hello,

I am working on updating my ingredient/labels.  If we purchase a product that we use in our product and the ingredients states "Manufactured on equipment that also processes products containing peanuts/tree nuts" do I have to state that on my label?  We do not have peanuts or tree nuts in our production at all.  All of our allergens are the same for every product we produce.  But, this could become a new product so I need to know if it does do I need to add that to our label.    

Thank you for any help.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation
[Ad]

See similar topic here. http://www.ifsqn.com...eling-concerns/

You have no legal obligation to include it on the label and it provides you with no protection if the allergens are actually there. So it's your call based on your confidence with your supplier.

Eek...honestly, seek more information from your supplier.  A LOT of companies label products this way (which I loathe) to leave them an out.

If your supplier can't commit to a guarantee of NOT containing peanuts or tree nuts, then you have to really question if you want to use that supplier.  You likely don't want to add that disclaimer to your products, and you put yourself at risk if you don't have some sort of monitoring and controls in place.

If I were you I would kick them out and find someone that can provide some guarantees....not worth the risk / headache in my opinion.  I wish the FDA would ban those statements on packaging.

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System Customer labeling of frozen pizza Scale Labeling Machine USFDA Food Labeling Date format USDA Labeling Evaluation Allergen Labeling Seafood Unrefined oil allergen labeling Retail Labeling Labeling Ready Meals as Bake SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling