What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are Tuna Salad Wraps under FDA or USDA Jurisdiction?

Started by , Feb 09 2018 06:50 PM
3 Replies

One of our customers wants us to make a Tuna Salad Wrap.  We make Tuna Salad now (under FDA jurisdiction) and wraps (under USDA jurisdiction) and have HACCP plans for both.

My questions are: who gets jurisdiction over a Tuna Salad Wrap and, if it's both, does it require a separate HACCP plan or can I use either my seafood HACCP or USDA HACCP?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
USDA and pork broth USDA inspected products USDA notification Withdrawals Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA Validation for USDA
[Ad]

You're under USDA inspection. The best resource will be simply asking the inspector on-site.

Generally the sandwich question depends on the % meat of the finished product. But since tuna is not an amenable product, I think that one solidly lands in FDA territory.

FDA

For any product in which seafood is a characterizing ingredient, you are required to comply with the US FDA Seafood HACCP Regulation (21 CFR 123).

Similar Discussion Topics
USDA and pork broth USDA inspected products USDA notification Withdrawals Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA Validation for USDA USDA Labeling Evaluation USDA and Duck Hazards Food safety requirements for ready meals production with fresh vegetables and salad Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product Tuna salad sandwich HACCP plan for a distribution center