What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can we maintain the pest control program ourselves?

Started by , Feb 13 2018 05:40 PM
8 Replies

Hi there all

Can we maintain the pest control program ourselves provided someone has a valid pesticide licences?  I'm new to SQF, but I can't see the scheme forcing anyone to use an outside contractor.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program Document Control
[Ad]

Yes. Just ensure that you follow all the requirements under SQF.

Thank you for confirming what I thought....a previous auditor told them a PCO was mandatory 

We had to fight a bit with our auditor, but after carefully examining the code could justify doing it all ourselves. We basically were already, anyway.

Sigh, auditors....................

We have always done it ourselves.   Just had to provide training records.  

Just don't forget that you want to keep any pesticides storage out of the production facility and secure. Maintenance crews seem to have a bad habit of buying OTC wasp and hornet spray and if found in the facility that's an automatic failure. 

One of my hats is maintenance, and I resent that.

...true as it may be.

I don't know of any company that ever got an automatic fail for having cans of wasp spray. Nope. Minor yes, possibly given the situation at the time a major but not once an automatic failure .

Similar Discussion Topics
Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Questions used to determine the critical control point Control of nitrile gloves Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control