What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can we incorporate food safety with food quality in SQF 8.0?

Started by , Feb 16 2018 11:50 PM
3 Replies

Can you incorporate food safety with food quality when write elements in SQF 8.0?   Or do they have to be written separately?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

I incorporate them into my programs for new product development, maintenance, etc. sops, but still maintain a "food quality plan" separately from my HACCP/food safety plan. I found it helpful and really helped meet the new requirements for setting benchmarks and approaching it as a separate set of goals for the year.

Being re-introduced as the person in charge of our SQF Food Safety Program, and currently an Edition 7.2, level 3 certified facility, While going through and overhauling our entire system while implementing the new elements and revision of Edition 8, I am separating the combined elements and creating many of the Food Quality elements as I go as they match up to much of the Food Safety elements. This helps our Quality Manager by not having to re-create everything. I understand Quality can, and in some cases should, be referred to in the Food Safety program and vice versa but specific elements of the Food Quality plan have to be separate.

Can you incorporate food safety with food quality when write elements in SQF 8.0?   Or do they have to be written separately?

Well, in times of yore, haccp was routinely  integrated for both Quality and Safety. And what a mess it was.

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces