What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

GMP & Best Practice for Shipping Empty Cans

Started by , Feb 17 2018 09:15 AM
2 Replies

Hello,

I am looking for GMP & Best Practice suggestions on shipping empty cans for beverage manufacture.  After and incident where cans fell all over the floor of a trailor, I suggested pallet wrap and I was told that pallet wrap was not recommended, due to potential hazards. I don't know if that advice was right or wrong. Also, I am also looking for other best practices, such as the placement of straps and proper wrap tensions, if wrap can be used.  Thanks in advance for any assistance! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Best Practice for Record Filing Shipping unpackaged baked goods Using shipping containers as modular rooms in food manufacturing
[Ad]

Most pallets of cans that I have seen in my travels are wrapped with food grade plastic wrapping.

Hello onignamg,

Our cans used for foods are wrapped in plastic and palletized. You would do the risk assessment to address the hazard in question. IMO, putting it in plastic wrap is the safer way coz it is shielded against dust and other elements.

regards,

redfox

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Best Practice for Record Filing Shipping unpackaged baked goods Using shipping containers as modular rooms in food manufacturing Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation Best Practice when there are only two Washing Sink Compartments? Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination Shelf life of black olives thermally sealed in cans with no preservatives How do you dispose of empty chemical drums and containers?