What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can chicken skin used as a ingredient in chicken preparation products?

Started by , Feb 27 2018 12:21 PM
0 Reply

Hi everyone,

My company produces a chicken preparation product, and my boss wants to enhance the chicken flavour of our products by using chicken skin. As we all know the chicken skin containing most chicken flavour and aroma of the chicken. However, the regulation EC 853/2004 mentioned that the meat containing bone fragments or skin cannot be used to produce mince and the meat used for meat preparation cannot contain skin as well. So, I would like to ask is it okay for us to use the chicken skin as one of the ingredients individually? Which means we will purchase the frozen skins or dried one (whatever) and mince it then mix it with other ingredients. If anyone has relevant experience please advise. 

Thanks a lot.

Kun

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Eating raw chicken experiment instagram! Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Non-food grade ingredient Consuming Expired Products
[Ad]

Similar Discussion Topics
Eating raw chicken experiment instagram! Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Non-food grade ingredient Consuming Expired Products Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Customers want to rent our storage to store their products What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP