What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Section 2.3.1.1 - Process Capability

Started by , Feb 28 2018 07:21 AM
3 Replies

Hi all,

Just a question. This is in regards to section 2.3.1.1 of the SQF code edition 8. We're just a bit confused. Do we have to do process capability only if we have new products, or do we have to do that even if we don't have new products. If anyone could help me out in this, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,

Tunaplant

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Section 4.6 risk assessments for version 9 Section 11.7.5.7 - Knife Control of Box Cutters Does primary conversion section 5.9 of BRCGS Version 9 apply to lobsters? BRC Section 4.5.3 Air BRCGS Section 5.9 - Animal Primary Conversion
[Ad]

SQF Code Edition 8 " 2.3.1.1 The methods and responsibility for designing, developing and converting product concepts to commercial realization shall be documented and implemented."

To me this means you have to have the methods and responsibility documented even if you don't have plans of adding new products. SQF wants to know what you would do if you were to add new products. 

Attached Files

1 Thank

SQF Code Edition 8 " 2.3.1.1 The methods and responsibility for designing, developing and converting product concepts to commercial realization shall be documented and implemented."

To me this means you have to have the methods and responsibility documented even if you don't have plans of adding new products. SQF wants to know what you would do if you were to add new products. 

Would we have to conduct process capability on it? 

Yep, a statement to the effect of:

"new products with additional processing requirements, limits, or capacity needs shall be evaluated against current equipment capability to determine if the product can be produced within specification without modification or new installations."

Really, if you have a dairy and want to start making Gatorade, SQF wants to to note that you will actually make sure you are CAPABLE of producing such a product within it's regulatory and quality needs.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Section 4.6 risk assessments for version 9 Section 11.7.5.7 - Knife Control of Box Cutters Does primary conversion section 5.9 of BRCGS Version 9 apply to lobsters? BRC Section 4.5.3 Air BRCGS Section 5.9 - Animal Primary Conversion BRCSGS section 1.1.2 Food Safety Culture TS 22002-1 Section 8 Equipment suitability, cleaning and maintenance How are companies approaching Section 2.3.2 (Specifications) in SQF Code 9.0 S&D V4 Section 5.2.7 Waste Containers not in compliance with section 54 of the SFCR