What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is a Partial Internal Wooden Wall painted and in good condition ok?

Started by , Mar 07 2018 03:21 PM
3 Replies

Hello

We are a label company that currently is working towards SQF compliance. We did a gap assessment of our facility and we have a question. Currently we have a half wall around the interior perimeter of the facility. This wall is particle board that is painted and in good condition. I am wondering if anyone has a similar situation or  can provide insight on if the half wall can stay or what steps we should take.

Thank you!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices How can I check good sterilization? Sanitary condition Distance allowed to place containers in the wall BRC Internal Auditing Query
[Ad]

We put up walls similar to this over all our wooded walls.  Very easy to clean, easy to spot damage, and easy to install. 

https://www.homedepo...-100389836-_-N 

Timwoodbag's recommendation of FRP as a wall material is great. However I don't think you need to worry. Wood walls are permitted if they're painted and maintained in a clean and sanitary condition in areas that are not expected to get wet.

2 Thanks

I agree with FurFarmandFork, If they are a wall, first of all, and they are painted, monitored and on an inspection and cleaning schedule you're covered but I would weigh the cost of the work to maintain and monitor against a one time installation that will eliminate the potential for a non-conformance.

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices How can I check good sterilization? Sanitary condition Distance allowed to place containers in the wall BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Internal Audit Assesment SQF 2.4.2. Good Manufacturing Practices