What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anyone know if we can create an in-house pest control program?

Started by , Mar 07 2018 10:47 PM
4 Replies

Does anyone know if we can create an in-house pest control program? There's a lot of "Best Practice" talk going around but I can't find out definitively if it's not allowed for SQF standards.

My pest control supplier is just terrible. If I do it in-house I can check traps daily or weekly. I don't have a certification for pest control because the state board won't let me get training unless I work for a pest control company! But I can get generic online training for about $250.

Honestly, the guy just comes by and looks at traps, and that's IT. I can do that. I already do my own fly program.

Anyone encountered this issue before?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program Document Control
[Ad]

A couple of our clients have in-house programs. 

You MUST follow the requirements per the SQF code for having your own program however.

It's allowed, but depending on the size and workforce of your facility, may be more trouble than it's worth (chemical licensing, training, separate storage of chemicals, etc.).

1 Thank

A couple of our clients have in-house programs. 

You MUST follow the requirements per the SQF code for having your own program however.

can you link me to those requirements? I haven't found much about in-house programs in sqf version 8.0

I do follow their more general requirements for pest control, of course.

You won't find a link. All they audit to is that you meet the standard. However, you will have to have someone on site with a pest control and/or pesticide use license in order to complete this on  your own successfully. It's not just SQF who will demand this either, it is a federal requirement.

11.2.12---write and implement to meet and you shall be fine (we are in house as well)

The only way you can get away from having a person hold a license is to not bait exterior traps, but that will render them completely ineffective.

Similar Discussion Topics
Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials Developing a Workplace Safety Program Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Questions used to determine the critical control point Control of nitrile gloves Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control