What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What certifications does a medium sized bakery and cafe business need?

Started by , Mar 13 2018 10:56 PM
4 Replies

What certifications does a medium sized bakery and cafe business need? I'm in the United States

I'm thinking FSSC 22000, ISO, and SQF. But I could use some direction in determining how to identify which certifications I need to adhere to.

Thank you!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Farm food safety certifications Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Certifications for imported equipment and machinery Food Safety Considerations in a Pinsa Bakery Rezoning from High Risk to Medium Risk
[Ad]

In order to better help, why do you want/need 3rd party certification?  Is it customer driven or company driven for example

I am just starting out in my role. So I believe company driven. Are any certs required for a medium business? Currently ServSafe is required. But following FSMA compliance, what do you think?

ServSafe is for foodservice/restaurant operations.

Is your bakery a production bakery for outside wholesale customers, private label, etc.

Most times is is the customer that will request a specific GFSI scheme, we are seeing however a number of smaller to mid-size food companies going it alone, as in picking a certification to get because let's face it, it's after-time to get certified.

Our inquires for consulting range from SQF to IFS to BRC and then FSSC 22000.

We spin off the BRC and FSSC 22000 to other consultants as we have found a niche with SQF.

But, ultimatety it is up to your operation type and products.

1 Thank
A little bit of both. We have some wholesale business that is picking up but most of the business is geared toward stocking multiple cafe locations. Is there a certification you recommend? Is BRC strictly for the UK?

Similar Discussion Topics
Farm food safety certifications Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Certifications for imported equipment and machinery Food Safety Considerations in a Pinsa Bakery Rezoning from High Risk to Medium Risk SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker Transferring BRC Certification from one business to another Kosher certifications for Co-packer California Food Business Registration Dry Cleaning in Bakery Goods