What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Foreign Object Complaint Linked to Fired Employee

Started by , Mar 20 2018 05:48 PM
6 Replies

Had an issue with an employee, which resulted in machines not being properly cleaned. This employee was fired and was replaced. Received complaint of foreign object being in the product which linked back to the time period I was having issues with this employee.

How do I go about addressing the corrective action?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Control of Foreign Material from Carton Box Foreign Material SS Metal Foreign Matter Control Policy
[Ad]

I would include your investigation into said employee and any photos etc. that back up your claim that the employee in question was an the cause of the foreign material.

Then go over the training that has been done with the replacement employee and any employee on site verification that has been done, oh and any maintenance that was done on the equipment in question 

1 Thank

If machines aren't properly cleaned they will allow foreign objects to pass them.

hmmmmm, preventative maintenance is also designed to prevent foreign material from entering the food chain

Are saying it was old food and not actually a piece of equipment?

Was this employee ultimately responsible for the inspection and release of cleaned equipment, or was this employee only responsible for cleaning said equipment? 

all machines have to be clean before we start production, which requires the supervisor to release. But the machines have to be kept clean while production is going which would be the responsibility of the employee. 

Hi Sarah,

Re-training = Fire ?

Tough crowd.

I suggest that culpability placement/corrective action  may also require some knowledge of the product/process/defect.

Similar Discussion Topics
Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Control of Foreign Material from Carton Box Foreign Material SS Metal Foreign Matter Control Policy Foreign body contamination risk assessment plan in shrimp processing? BRC v7 4.10.1.1 Foreign body detection and removal equipment Determine of critical limits Foreign Material -> SS 5.0 mm in sachet products? Foreign Material Control Program for Wholesaling and Distribution Organic Cane Sugar - Foreign Material HELP