What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to assure our cleaning method is effective in allergen removal

Started by , Mar 28 2018 09:28 AM
6 Replies

hello all,

i would like to know from you how can i assure that our cleaning method is efficient to manage the allergen risk , we use:

( watter in T°<60°C, disinfectant, detergent)

the allergens are milk, hazelnut, cocoa, soy lécithin E322

thank you soo much

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs
[Ad]

hello all,

i would like to know from you how can i assure that our cleaning method is efficient to manage the allergen risk , we use:

( watter in T°<60°C, disinfectant, detergent)

the allergens are milk, hazelnut, cocoa, soy lécithin E322

thank you soo much

Hi selma,

You will need to use appropriate test kits for the allergens involved. The latter depends on yr local regulatory requirements and labelling in country(s) of distribution.

1 Thank

Ditto Charles. It also depends on the shape, material, operator, and overall cleanability of the equipment, not just the chemical mixture involved. Testing provides the only meaningful data beyond visual inspection.

1 Thank

Validate it by running the product with the target allergen through your process and conduct your intended cleaning to remove the allergen.  Verify allergen removal with the sampling plan and testing type that is sufficient to meet the customer, regulatory, and/or your requirements.

1 Thank

To do allergen verification, I used swab kits for allergens. Neogen had a lot of kits that gave results very quickly. Some of the ELISA methods take a long time and are harder to interpret.

1 Thank

Agree--we use Neogen as well, former place of employment as well---simple to use and very quick results (you could perform in front of an auditor if need be)

1 Thank

Hi Selma,

you'll need to verify with swab test allergen kit specified for those allergen (milk, hazelnut, cocoa, soy lecithin)

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Innovative and effective communication to inform employees about food safety