What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Safety sheet for raw shelled nut, needing further processing

Started by , Mar 28 2018 03:50 PM
6 Replies

Customer requested a safety sheet. My company only supplies one product(RAW shelled nut, needing further processing). Does anyone have any guidance on what they are requesting? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6
[Ad]
Dear Sarah,

They are asking for a document, which is generally used for chemical products. It's known as SDS or MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet).

For nuts in shell it's not evident, however you could try to fill as much under the topics on such forms. It can be that there will be some on Not Applicable.

I wish you good luck !

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Sarah, can you be a little more specific about your customers request?  I woudn't think an SDS is what they are after

I am not entirely sure. As they requested several documents, one being a "Safety Sheet". Since we are a food product, I highly doubt they want a MSDS. Looking through this site someone said perhaps they were requesting a product specification sheet?

That makes more sense, but I would reach out and ask for clarification prior to sending them stuff they don't want or need

1 Thank

Sarah

If its a SDS that you are needing, I just had the same request for one of my products too. I found a company call MSDSWRITER on line that prepared my SDS,they could do international SDS as well.

1 Thank

thank you! i will file that away in case

Similar Discussion Topics
9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Health & Safety Risk Assessment Developing a Workplace Safety Program