What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Free chlorine measurement

Started by , Apr 03 2018 02:13 AM
6 Replies

Hi Guys,

We process baby leaf salads and free chlorine measurement is one of our CCP.

Can anyone please advise if there is any reliable test methods apart from dilutions where by we can measure free chlorine levels > 10ppm.

Looking forward to your advises.

Regards

Paul

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Radiological Free statement from supplier Hands-Free water tap risk assessment Nut Free Facility Requirements Recommendations for Vegan and Gluten Free Certification
[Ad]

Hi Guys,

We process baby leaf salads and free chlorine measurement is one of our CCP.

Can anyone please advise if there is any reliable test methods apart from dilutions where by we can measure free chlorine levels > 10ppm.

Looking forward to your advises.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

It may depend on the accuracy required. i assume not to titration methodology levels

Strips obviously do > 10ppm directly. Accuracy limited.

I normally use OPD and dilute.

One possibility from Google -

chlorine meter.pdf   1.78MB   41 downloads

2 Thanks

I agree with Charles---would depend on your level of accuracy required and the concentration you normally operate at

(we use dip strips)

Buy several brands of the dip strips and see which are easiest to interpret, I went through 6 before I found one that had limits I could work with AND was easy to interpret (none of this dark pink vs light red BS).

Dip strips are easiest.  Working in poultry processing, we also used these little meters for more exact measurements from wash cabinets: 

https://hannainst.co...e-chlorine.html

Thank you all for valuable advises.

Will try test strip method.

Dear Paul

I think you should use Hach DR 900 for test.

Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Radiological Free statement from supplier Hands-Free water tap risk assessment Nut Free Facility Requirements Recommendations for Vegan and Gluten Free Certification Converting Hand Wash Sinks to Hands Free Food Fraud Database (Free) BRCGS Food Safety 5.4.5 - Regarding Gluten Free Claim Cage free eggs Exemption from USDA and FDA Compliance for Labeling of Free Spice Powder Product